United By Mitochondria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17.03.08 - Nothing to say

2 posters

Go down

17.03.08 - Nothing to say Empty 17.03.08 - Nothing to say

Post  insideout Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:36 am

It's time for my weekly topic and I realized I have nothing special to say. Then I realized that I never have anything to say. Is it just me?
The other day I ended up giving a ride to this girl who I had never seen before. To me it's natural if we weren't speaking much, but to her it didn't seem to be. Probably I suck at talking in these uncalled situations. What's the problem in remaining silent? To most people it does seem odd, but not me.
Now, today, in Russian class the teacher was like "How was the weekend?" and all I had to say was "I didn't do much, it was rainy..."
Am I asocial? Very Happy Ok, I could have invented something for the sake of being conversational in class - a solely class-related purpose - but why would that be necessary? The teacher could have invented something else for us to talk about, if the point was talking. Then again I could have been all like "Oh I read a bit, sat at the computer, drank a lot of rum and ate a lot of cookies" but....................... Pfffffffffffffff

I won't be surprised if no responses come to this. It's ok not to have anything to say..... isn't it?
insideout
insideout
Admin

http://blogitus.net/insideout/

Back to top Go down

17.03.08 - Nothing to say Empty Re: 17.03.08 - Nothing to say

Post  Annick Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:54 am

* silent *

Ah, dear silence Smile Filling up the silence when you have nothing to say is quite terrible, i think. Especially if you fill it up with very uninteresting blablabla! Then it's better to shut up and enjoy the silence. Unfortunately, many people aren't comfortable in a silent environment.

This should be this week's question = Why are most people afraid of the silence? Question Or maybe not, maybe we should go back to being quiet again!! After all, silence is golden!
Annick
Annick
Weirdo par excellence

http://blogitus.net/pseudoblogi/

Back to top Go down

Post  insideout Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:59 pm

And I'm pretty sure some of the people who hate silence the most are the ones who don't know how to break it.

Sometimes this whole thing is confused with shyness when it's not supposed to be. Even worse when people think you're a stuck up son of a bitch. This kinda happened last year in college to me and a classmate. We had this (literally) gay teacher who just didn't know how to conduct a conversation class, and we ended up being the ones affected, first 'cos we just didn't practice and 'cos the gay fucker made it look like we were the ones fucking all up. Result: We ended up at the Principal to complain about a psychotic teacher and to try to get heard at least for once. Lol some people in that fucking place still hate us 'cos yeah...

All because an idiot didn't know how to interpret a silence-situation.
insideout
insideout
Admin

http://blogitus.net/insideout/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum