United By Mitochondria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

26.03.08 - Stress, etc.

2 posters

Go down

26.03.08 - Stress, etc. Empty 26.03.08 - Stress, etc.

Post  Annick Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:56 pm

I have a question for you this week :

What do you do when you need to relieve stress and/or stop feeling bored/angry/sad/whatever? Question

My favorite technique = listen to music. I'm pretty music-sensitive, or something. For example, metal calms me down and pop music puts a smile on my face.

I also like to go shopping, cook or exercise. Reading doesn't work well for me. If i read when being nervous, i read too quickly and don't concentrate much on the book. And then i get pissed cause i often need to re-read what i just read! So, I need to be calm before i start reading anything!

I think that bubble baths are such a relaxation cliché, but... hmm... I had a pseudo-bubble bath earlier today and it worked! Very Happy No bubble in my bath, but stuff for gay skin. And a gay fish-pillow that holds my head (so comfy!). And nice gay music too (well, are the Buddha Bar cds gay?!)! Anyway, I'm now feeling less stressed out and my skin is so damn soft! Woohoo! cheers
Annick
Annick
Weirdo par excellence

http://blogitus.net/pseudoblogi/

Back to top Go down

26.03.08 - Stress, etc. Empty Re: 26.03.08 - Stress, etc.

Post  insideout Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:18 pm

I talk to myself. A lot. To many mes. I walk around in circles or whatever the geometric shape (aaalways hit my leg on some piece of furniture!)
Call me schizophrenic if you want but... yeah, I have discussions with myself. Sometimes there are like 4-5 mes in the conversation. I figure it works, as I haven't gone insane (hmm..) neither murdered anyone. Sometimes I don't even realize what's happening, and when I'm back in one self again I realized that I just gave myself a lesson. It's enriching when you have multiple points of view. But then again, sometimes I'm pretty aware of what's happening and my mind has taken me away to a handful of different scenarios. I've been everywhere, including a tribunal. Lol. I figured out I was putting unnecessary blames on my own shoulders, etc. Nowadays there are no more tribunals in my mind tours - I solved that little paranoia. There are no better therapists than myselves Very Happy

That's not the only procedure. Listening to music works very well, or focusing 100% in some other activity. It varies as the source of stress varies.

But why were you stressed?
insideout
insideout
Admin

http://blogitus.net/insideout/

Back to top Go down

Post  Annick Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:31 pm

Oh yeah, i talk to myself a lot too. And i talk to other people as well... i mean, people who aren't in the room with me! Very Happy

Dont worry, i wont call you schizophrenic! Well, if i do, i'll have to call myself schizo too! Razz

Why were you in a tribunal?! This is so interesting Very Happy I've never been there in my pseudo/daydreaming/self-talking sessions!

And today, i needed to relax and stop thinking about the answer i should get this week (about the job)... I didn't want to anxiously wait for a phone call or email, so i went shopping, cooked, exercised, listened to music, watched a movie and took that non-bubbly bath! Very Happy
Annick
Annick
Weirdo par excellence

http://blogitus.net/pseudoblogi/

Back to top Go down

Post  insideout Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Why a tribunal? Oh well, I figure it's because of the controversial attitudes I've been having, and I get of course questioned about, even if indirectly, by people. Somehow it all turns like people hold some sort of truth and not agreeing with that is a crime. Or that's a conscious interpretation of the subconscious ways my mind took to deal with that type of thing? I don't know for sure.
What is very interesting is that in 100% of the cases, the tribunal turned out to lose its tribunal meaning in the end. It was just a scenery for something else that could have been represented by a stage instead. Very interesting. It's like we have a X crime and I managed to turn it into a X play. The crime isn't a crime anymore, but the question that brings the controversy to it gets privileged. There is never a final answer or an absolute truth. It's questioning that matters, not the answer. And that's pretty much what I think. There's never a single truth to things anyway. So yeah. Talking to myself has made me acknowledge quite a lot of things about my subconscious thought processing or something. Very Happy

Soon this will get too psychoanalytic and I'll have to shoot Freud. Twisted Evil
insideout
insideout
Admin

http://blogitus.net/insideout/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum